21 May 2012

Roasted Cauliflower

Cauliflower is the most underrated vegetable in our kitchen!  I forgot how much I missed cauliflower.  Growing up, my mom would steam it and melt American cheese over the top - that's how I remember it!! This is a more grown up version, I guess... Roasted and sprinkled with freshly grated Parmesan.  The next time you are looking for an easy side dish, think of roasting some cauliflower.  I'm sure you'll love it! 


Roasted Cauliflower
Yield: 6 Servings

1 Large Cauliflower Head, cut into 1.5-inch florets
1/4 C. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Garlic Clove, minced
2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
1 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
2 Tbsp. Parmesan Cheese, grated

Preheat the oven to 500F degrees.  Place the florets in a large sauté pan or a roasting pan.  Drizzle the olive oil over the florets; season with garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper.  Place the pan in the oven and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.  Watch carefully to make sure it doesn't burn.  Remove from the oven and sprinkle immediately with the freshly grated Parmesan.  Serve warm.

3 comments:

  1. Going to try this soon, I love cauliflower and always do it the same steamed way. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mentioned your famous steam method in my post :)

      Delete
  2. Okay, no more steaming in the microwave and melting cheese. This is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete