08 May 2012

Pesto Pasta Salad

My parents, sister and brother-in-law visited us in Chicago a few weekends ago.  It was the first time that they were all here at the same time.  Not to mention, we had a BLAST!  Before Doug and I showed them around our city, we all gathered at our place for a quick bite to eat.  I had everything prepped and ready to go, so it seriously took no time at all to throw this lunch together. In addition to this pasta salad, we had Cranberry, Pecan and Rosemary Chicken Salad in pitas and a few Chicago-brewed 312 beers!



Pesto Pasta Salad
Yield: 8 Side Servings


10 oz. Creste di Gallo Pasta (or pasta of your choice)
1/2 C. Pesto, homemade or store-bought 
1/2 C. Fat Free Plain Yogurt
1 Pint Cherry Tomatoes, halved
2 C. Arugula, loosely packed
3/4 C. Frozen Peas, thawed
Salt and Pepper, to taste

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.  Cook the pasta according to the package directions, until one minute less than al dente. Drain and rinse under cold water. In a large bowl, combine the pesto and yogurt until well mixed.  Add the cooked pasta; stir to combine.  Then add the tomatoes, arugula and peas; stir gently.  Taste and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.

9 comments:

  1. That looks absolutely delicious! I'm bookmarking this and making it very soon :) Thanks for sharing!

    Erin
    http://erin--elizabeth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg Yum! And what pretty presentation:) so glad you are loving chi- town it's seiriously one of my favorite cities ever have you been to the bongo room?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, we haven't been to The Bongo Room yet... I just looked it up though and now I'm hungry for some brunch! You'll have to tell me more about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pesto is my favorite! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2 weeks until the new baby is here! Can't wait to see all the pics :)

      Delete
  5. YUM! Wish this entire meal would appear at my house for dinner tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The salad looks delicious! I just discovered 312 beer since I am a Chicago/Illinois newbie and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stumbling upon my blog. Yay for other Chicago foodies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that salad and we had so much fun!!! Can't wait for the "repeat weekend!"

    ReplyDelete