20 February 2012

Doug's 2012 Valentine's Day Review

Hello Thyme for Wine Readers,

Are you ready for my annual Valentine's Day recap? I feel very blessed to spend another Valentine's Day with Becky. This one was special because it was our first as a married couple. A lot of pressure goes into making a meal for a food blogger. I searched various websites and came up with a menu that I thought would be nice for Becky. You be the judge.

2012 Valentine's Day Menu

Appetizers
Roasted Mushrooms Escargot-Style

Main
Green Bean and Tomato Salad

Dessert
Chocolate Mocha Mousse with Sliced Strawberries

Drink
A little bubbly, of course!

What Valentine's would be complete without a little chocolate? For dessert, I went to my trusty resource, Thyme for Wine, and made Chocolate Mocha Mousse. It is light, delicious and can be made in advance. My Valentine's Day menu was a success. It was a very nice meal, not only because the dishes tasted great, but more importantly because of the company I was with - my favorite Valentine in the world! Happy belated Valentine's Day everyone!

Until next year,

Doug

8 comments:

  1. Wow, I am impressed Doug! Will you please give Eric some pointers next time you see him?

    Love you two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have faith in Eric's cooking abilities! I am always pleasantly surprised with Doug's kitchen creations.

      Delete
  2. Sounds awesome! Becky, you are one lucky lady! The baby was craving tacos, of course, so we had Valentine's day carryout from Chipotle...again. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sara ~ tacos sound great and you are a lucky lady too!

      Delete
  3. Go Dougie!!! I cannot believe you were able to pull that off! So proud of you!

    Cannot wait for dinner at your place in April! (I hope you're cooking?!)

    Love you both! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are excited to see you in April too!!! Maybe I can convince Dougie to cook... otherwise we can always order sushi!

      Delete
  4. Are you sure you want to be a doctor??? I think Chef Doug is a great title too! ;-) That menu looks amazing and really blended together in tastes. And I love the chocolate for dessert, it sounded divine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! All of the flavors worked well together :)

      Delete