04 January 2012

Happy 2012 + Chocolate Crinkle Cookies

First of all, I just want to let you know of my 2012 Resolution: BLOG MORE! To those of you who read this blog (a'hmm... my friends and family + a few trusty followers who started reading Thyme for Wine from the very beginning), I promise to start blogging more! Seriously! I'm even blogging during a new episode of Top Chef, which is unheard of in my life! My hubby, ohhh my sweet hubby, is doing the dishes right now. We have a deal. I cook and he does dishes. Is that best deal ever or what?! LOVE IT!

I hope all of you had a wonderful 2011. For us, it was a year of many highs and unfortunately many lows. We both earned our graduate degrees (which is aweeeeesome!!), got married (woohoo!), and moved to Chicago (brrrr!!!). With all of these fun things going on in our lives, we happened to lose some of our best friends... Three of them, to be exact. This NYE, Doug and I toasted to Grandpa D., Grandpa A., Grandma C, and the legacy that they left with us. Cheers!

This is what we saw out of our window on NYE 2011:


...And we ate leftover chocolate crinkle cookies with our champagne!


These are some of the best Christmas cookies that I've made in a while (if I do say so myself). I just love how they look! Plus, these cookies are like eating little brownie bites... sinful, decadent and quite delicious! If you aren't too "cookie'd-out," then I suggest whipping up a batch ASAP!

Cheers to you and yours in 2012! -Doug and Becky

Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
(As seen on Iowa Girl)
Yield: 18 Cookies

1/2 C. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1 C. Granulated Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1/4 C. Vegetable Oil
2 Eggs
1 C. All-Purpose Flour
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1/4 tsp. Salt
1 C. Powdered Sugar

In a bowl fitted with an electric mixer, beat together the cocoa, sugar, vanilla and vegetable oil. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until the mixture is smooth. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Mix into wet ingredients in three batches, mixing until just combined in between each batch. Cover the dough and chill for at least four hours or overnight (this is an important step!!).

Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Scoop 1 Tbsp. dough, roll it into a ball between your palms and roll it in powdered sugar. Place on a parchment paper or Silpat lined baking sheet; bake for 8-10 minutes. Let cookies cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you! May your 2012 rock with new life and food adventures.

    Looking forward to your posts in 2012.

    Chocolate crinkle cookies-delicious.

    Cheers.
    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some of my favorite cookies. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog till Monday night and I'd love it if you'd come by and link your cookies up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2012/01/sweets-for-saturday-51.html

    ReplyDelete