19 January 2012

Frozen Banana Bites

Do you ever crave a little bite of something sweet and chocolatey after a long day? These frozen banana bites could just be the ultimate solution! Promise! One banana bite seems to satisfy my sweet tooth! The banana freezes just like frozen yogurt - YUM! I think these would be a nice snack for little ones too - just make sure they don't have peanut allergies! I guess you could omit the peanut butter, but I think that is what absolutely makes these so indulgent!


Frozen Banana Bites
(Adapted from Ashley)
Yield: 10 bites

2 Large Bananas
1/2 C. Milk Chocolate Chips
2 Tbsp. Peanut Butter
Unsweetened Coconut Flakes, to garnish

Line a large glass or plastic dish (that has a cover) with parchment or wax paper. Cut up each banana into five equal pieces. Next, heat the peanut butter and chocolate chips in the microwave for about one minute. Stir until smooth. Using a toothpick, dip the banana pieces in the chocolate-peanut butter mixture. Lay them out on the parchment/wax paper (leave spaces between the banana bites when drying). Repeat process until all are in the dish. Sprinkle with the coconut flakes. Cover and transfer to the freezer for at least one hour. These will keep for a few days in your freezer. Actually, we enjoyed them even more when frozen for at least 24 hours.

5 comments:

  1. oh my goodness!!!! I HAVE to try these! I love bananas, chocolate and peanut butter.

    By the way, I've already made two recipes outta the cookbook you guys got me for Christmas! They were delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so good. I highly recommend them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MM! definitely trying these!! fruit + chocolate = goodness.

      Great call on the mini size!! Thank ya :)

      Delete
  3. What a treat!! My daughter adores banana and chocolate, and she ate every one of the bites that we made. We didn't, however, use the peanut butter. Brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, I am quite certain chocolate and pb covered bananas will be making their way into my freezer this weekend.

    And ultimately into my belly!

    ReplyDelete