08 December 2011

Mint Chocolate Cookies

Are you ready for this??? My first Christmas Cookie post of the season! I got this recipe out of a Junior League cookbook - and I happen to be on the committee, so feel free to purchase your copies here!! For my family members who read my blog: don't worry - you'll probably be getting this for Christmas. I normally love League recipes, but this one does not even compare to my Mint Chip Cookies. These turned out to be more like butter cookies with a chocolate center. I prefer full on chocolate, minty goodness. I'll leave it to you to decide which recipe you like better!

To my sister: Thanks for the cute cocktail napkins :) Love them!

Mint Chocolate Cookies
(JLC Cookbook)
Yield: 3 dozen

1 C. (2 sticks) Unsalted Butter, softened
1/2 C. Confectioners' Sugar
2 C. Cake Flour
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1/8 tsp. Salt
1 C. Pecans, finely chopped
18 Frango Mint Chocolates (or Andes), cut into halves
Confectioners' Sugar (for sprinkling)

Cream the butter and 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar in a bowl for 1 minute or until light and fluffy. Add the flour, vanilla and salt; stir with a wooden spoon until combined. Stir in the pecans. Chill, loosely covered with plastic wrap, for 1 hour or until the dough is firm. Shape 1 Tbsp. dough around each chocolate half, forming a ball. Place 1 inch apart on two nonstick cookie sheets. Bake one cookie sheet on the top rack and one on the center rack in a preheated 350F degree oven for 10 minutes. Switch the cookie sheets. Bake for another 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Sift confectioners' sugar generously over the cookies. Cool on a wire rack.

1 comment: