17 October 2011

I'm Back!!! Mushroom Week!

Guess what, dear friends? I'm back! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! Yes... I'm cheering for myself! A lot has happened these past few months. Doug and I earned our graduate degrees, moved to Chicago, got married, started new jobs and have been exploring our new city! One of our favorite things to do on Saturday mornings is going to the Green City Market in Lincoln Park. We went there this past weekend with my in-laws. My awesome FIL (father-in-law, for those of you not in the "know") bought me three bouquets of gorgeous farmers market flowers and $16 worth of mushrooms! Yes... mushrooms! Portobellos, shiitake, oyster, and baby bellas!


A mixed bag of mushrooms gave me quite a lot of inspiration... so, get ready for MUSHROOM WEEK! Stay tuned!

So glad to be back!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Yay...I did a double take when I saw the new posting. I was afraid you had forgotten us or decided married life was more fun than blogging.
    So looking forward to your latest and greatest recipes!
    You have been missed!
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So glad you're back! Can't wait to see what you do with those mushrooms. I vote for mushroom risotto. Or what about mushroom quesadillas?

    Anyway, I really hope you'll post a few weddings pictures sometime. :) Congrats on all the wonderful news. It's great to have you blogging again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mushroom risotto and quesadillas sound great... but you won't be seeing it this week! I'll keep that in mind for future posts, Sara.

    Yes... I'll be posting a few wedding pictures here and there too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on all of your big changes! I hope you're enjoying newlywed life in your new city. Welcome back to blogging! :)

    Can't wait for wonderful mushroom recipes--I absolutely adore them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah!!! Welcome back Becky!!!!

    ReplyDelete