19 October 2011

Herb + Egg Portobellos

I woke up 30 minutes earlier than I normally do, so that I could make these herb and egg-stuffed portobello mushrooms for breakfast! I'm taking this Mushroom Week quite seriously, huh??! I've never had something quite like this for breakfast, but I have to say that it was a really nice change of pace. I think it is great to start your day off with something healthy. Plus, this looks super gourmet - but it only takes minutes to prepare!


Herb and Egg Portobellos
(Adapted from Ben)
Yield: 2 servings

2 Portobello Mushrooms, stems removed
2 Large Eggs
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1/2 Tbsp. Fresh Herbs, chopped (I used Basil and Rosemary)
Salt and Pepper, to taste

Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the portobellos on the parchment paper (rounded side down), drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle a few of the herbs on each mushroom. Carefully crack one egg inside each mushroom cap. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until egg is cooked to your liking. Serve immediately - with a large cup of coffee, of course!

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous gourmet breakfast idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can we have this when we come for Thanksgiving? Looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete