12 February 2012

Potato Wedges with Garlic + Paprika

Man, oh man... I've had this picture since June! I made a whole meal from a cookbook that Doug's aunt gave us for our wedding. On one of our first nights as a newlywed couple, I made a chicken "panini" of basil and mozzarella with salsa rossa and these potato wedges. Holy buckets! I was sure ambitious that evening. I'll post all of those recipes this week so that you can make everything if you are feeling extra ambitious too! I have great memories of us unpacking all of our kitchen items into our super tiny Chicago kitchen, yet I was so excited to use all of our new things and make meals with my new hubby! Don't kid... I still feel giddy every time I make dinner for the love of my life.


Oohhhh also, this week is Valentine's Day.... which means that Doug will be doing his annual Valentine's dinner post! I have no clue what he is going to make, but I am sure excited!

Potato Wedges with Garlic and Paprika
(From The Newlyweds' Cookbook)
Yield: 4 Servings

3 lb. Potatoes, unpeeled, well-scrubbed
1 Bay Leaf
1/3 C. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
1 Tbsp. Dried Oregano
1 tsp. Sweet Smoked Spanish Paprika
Handful of flat-leaf Parsley, chopped
Coarse Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper

If the potatoes are large, cut in half lengthwise, otherwise leave them whole. Put them in a large saucepan of water with the bay leaf. Bring the water to a boil, add a heaping tablespoon of coarse salt, and cook until just tender, but not completely soft. Drain and let cool slightly. When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut into wedges. Put in a large dish and add the oil, garlic, oregano, paprika and salt; mix well with your hands until evenly coated. Arrange the wedges in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven at 450F degrees until browned, 30-40 minutes. Sprinkle with pepper and parsley and serve hot.

2 comments:

  1. Yum! Potatoes are my weakness. Looking forward to hearing about your special valentine's day dinner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! I'm so excited too! I'll post Doug's recipes soon!

      Delete