05 December 2010

Oreo Truffles

Doug's sister, Emily, made these oreo truffles for the holidays! I tried them for the first time last year and they tasted just as I remembered... decadent, sinful, and oh so scrumptious! Do any of you make packages of cookies for the holidays? Might I suggest adding these to your recipe repertoire this year?! I think they are a nice surprise to traditional Christmas cookies and they are definitely sure to please the crowd. Did I mention that they are pretty simple to make? Yet another reason to make them...


Oreo Truffles
Yield: 4 Dozen

1 Package Oreo Cookies
1 (8 oz) Package Cream Cheese
1 Package Vanilla Almond Bark

Twist oreos and take apart. Scrape frosting from cookies and place into a large bowl. Add cream cheese to bowl and cream together with an electric mixer. Put remainder of cookies into a ziplock bag and seal. Using a rolling pin, crush the cookies until they are in small pieces. Fold finely crushed cookies into cream cheese mixture. Roll into 1-inch thick balls and chill on a cookie sheet for an hour in the fridge. Meanwhile, melt almond bark in a small saucepan. Dip balls of cookie dough into almond bark and then place on wax paper to dry. Let set and enjoy. Drizzle chocolate almond bark over cookie balls if desired.

11 comments:

  1. Oh I absolutely LOVE these! You know what else is delicious? Making them with the holiday mint oreos...sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in my first cookie exchange this year. I can't bake to save my life but, I think I can do these-yeah!!!! God, they look good too. Love Oreos.

    I have to bring 3 different cookies. So far, I am baking snickerdoodles and Oreo truffles....I need one more!

    Happy holidays to you.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taylor, I'll have to let Emily know about the mint oreos! Great suggestion!

    Velva, so glad you are going to make them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!! I LOVE THESE COOKIES!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these! They are on my list to include in my christmas cookie boxes again this year - always a big hit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look so good! I will have to give them a try this year.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. The name of your blog DRUG me in:) Love it!!

    That recipe sounds divine-
    Hope your day is blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would like to make these delightful cookies for the holidays. Looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now this is a recipe I could try!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am in my first cookie exchange this year and was super nervous about what to bring! I can totally make these! Thanks for the great recipe!

    ReplyDelete