20 October 2010

Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake Brownies

I just noticed that I have been posting a lot of Pumpkin recipes lately! (Hope you don't mind)! I wanted to make these pumpkin spice cheesecake brownies as soon as I saw them on Jen's blog. Now you might be thinking that chocolate + cheesecake + pumpkin doesn't sound all that appealing... but when you bite into one of these little brownies, I promise that you'll instantly fall in love!


Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake Brownies
Yield: 16 bars

Brownie Batter:
3/4 C. Butter, melted
1 C. Sugar
1 Tbsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
2 Eggs
1/2 C. All Purpose Flour
1/2 C. Cocoa Powder
1/4 tsp. Salt
2 tsp. Cinnamon

Cheesecake Batter:
8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened (I used reduced fat)
1 Egg
1/2 C. Sugar
2 Tbsp. + 2 tsp. Flour
2/3 C. Pumpkin Puree
1/3 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
2/3 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1/3 tsp. Ground Ginger
1/3 tsp. Ground Cloves

Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Grease an 8x8'' square metal baking pan. Beat together the melted butter, sugar, and vanilla; then beat in eggs one at a time. Combine the dry ingredients and then stir into the butter mixture with a wooden spoon. In a separate bowl, beat together the cheesecake batter ingredients. Spread about 2/3 of the chocolate batter into a prepared pan, and spoon cheesecake batter over. Dollop remaining brownie batter over cheesecake batter. Swirl the batters together by running a butter knife back and forth through the pan. Bake for 40 minutes (or until center is set). Cool completely on a wire rack and chill before cutting and serving.

12 comments:

  1. Oh WOW that sounds amazing!!!! I am going to try these out this weekend! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. MFC - Let me know how they turn out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um... yes, please. These look delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My gracious...these look ah-mazing! I'll take one dozen, please and thank you : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am definitely NOT thinking that pumpkin+cheesecake doesn't sound appealing. I'm thinking it sounds (and looks) divine!! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Incredible! Mind sharing some of these beauties?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, these look amazing! I try to consume as much pumpkin product as possible (whoa, P overload) this time of year. It's just too darn good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh yum! so many yummy things all wrapped into one! lovely blog, happy to have found it.:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love cheesecake brownie! Your version with pumpkin sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for your comment on Eat Drink Pretty today. And thanks for this amazing recipe! Looks delish, I might try them this weekend!

    ReplyDelete