19 October 2010

Cranberry, Pecan + Rosemary Chicken Salad

Are you looking for something new to bring to work or to serve to your friends for lunch? I made this lovely fall-inspired chicken salad last week and was so pleased with the end result. I served this on some whole grain bread with some spinach and tomatoes. It was heavenly! I plan on making a double batch of the chicken salad for this weekend because we will have lots of family in town for our engagement party. I think that everyone will enjoy this either on crostini, on a bed of mixed greens, or in a sandwich!


Also, I want to wish my wonderful mom a happy, happy birthday! Hope your day is fabulous!


Cranberry, Pecan & Rosemary Chicken Salad
(Adapted from Lemons & Lavender)
Yield: 4 Servings

2 Large Chicken Breasts, roasted or poached
1/3 C. Dried Cranberries
4 Green Onions, thinly sliced
1/3 C. Unsalted Pecan Halves, roughly chopped
1 Heaping Tbsp. Fresh Rosemary, stems removed & finely chopped
1/2 C. Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip, add more or less to your liking
Salt & Pepper, to taste
Whole Grain Bread, Spinach, Tomatoes, etc. for garnish

Cook chicken breasts by roasting or poaching, then cut into 1/2-inch cubes or shred it (whichever way you prefer). Place chicken, cranberries, green onion, pecans, rosemary, and mayo in a bowl. Mix and season with salt and pepper to your liking. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

10 comments:

  1. YUM!! Can't wait to try it THIS WEEKEND! See ya on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are really looking forward to spending time with our families. Can't wait to see you, Emily! Safe travels :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great! I am always on the lookout for a good chicken salad recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda - that's great! I hope that you and the dude like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay so I didnt make it last week... BUT i did make it tonight It was sooo GOOD!!
    Tyler gives it 2 thumbs up! The Rosemary really added such a unique taste!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree - I love the rosemary in there. I'm so glad that you guys tried it and liked it :) Just made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep making this salad over and over! Last week I toasted some whole wheat pita bread and served it inside with some fresh spinach leaves.

    ReplyDelete