11 October 2010

Cinnamon + Banana Oatmeal

The weatherman just mentioned that a year ago at this time, we had snow! I'm definitely not ready for that kind of weather yet. The only thing that makes me want to get out of a warm and cozy bed is the thought of coffee and a hot breakfast! You probably have all the ingredients for this cinnamon and banana oatmeal in your kitchen right now. Hope you all have a fabulous week!


Cinnamon and Banana Oatmeal
Yield: 1 Large Serving

1 C. Water
1/8 tsp. Salt
1/2 C. Old-Fashioned Oats
1/2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1 Banana, thinly sliced
1 Tbsp. Sliced Almonds (optional)

Bring water and salt to a boil in a small saucepan. Add oats and keep pan over medium heat; stir occasionally (approximately 5 minutes or until the mixture reaches the desired consistency). Remove the pan from heat and stir in cinnamon and banana slices. Pour oatmeal into a bowl and garnish with almonds and a few more slices of banana.

7 comments:

  1. yum! This would be perfect for dinner when I don't feel like cooking! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often have nights where I don't feel like cooking... so I agree with you, Lisa! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmm, a most perfect breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally remember that snowstorm. We actually went to the UNO football game (first and last ever for us) that day and it was FREEZING! It's so beautiful now, hard to believe that happened!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not ready for snow! Love this fall weather! The oatmeal looks yummy, I'll have to try it this winter. Miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Piper - hasn't this been the most perfect October weather ever??! I love it!

    Mom - I'll make it for you when you visit us :)

    ReplyDelete