15 September 2010

Greek Turkey Burgers

Greek Turkey Burgers just soared to the top of my burger list! I don't think I will make a plain old turkey burger ever again. There is no reason for turkey burgers to taste bland. You can dress them up and enjoy them just like a regular burger! The cucumber sauce really gives this burger a wonderful greek flavor. Another one of my favorite ways to make turkey burgers is buffalo-style. Enjoy!


Greek Turkey Burgers
Yield: 4 Patties

1.3 lb. Lean Ground Turkey Breast
1 (4 oz) Package Crumbled Feta Cheese, (optional - I omitted)
1/4 C. Red Onion, finely chopped
1 tsp. Dried Oregano
1 tsp. Lemon Zest
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 C. English Cucumber, grated
1 (6 oz) Container Fat-Free Greek Yogurt
1 Tbsp. Fresh Mint, chopped
1/2 tsp. Salt
4 Wheat Hamburger Bums, split & toasted
Lettuce Leaves, Tomato Slices, Cucumber Slices (for toppings)
Pepperoncini Salad Peppers (for garnish)

Mix together the turkey, feta (if using), red onion, oregano, lemon zest, and salt. Shape into 4 (1/2-inch-thick) patties. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat grill pan with cooking spray. Add patties and cook 5 minutes on each side (or until done). Meanwhile, stir together the grated cucumber (I drained the excess water through a paper towel), yogurt, mint, and 1/2 tsp. salt in a small bowl. Serve burgers on buns with cucumber sauce and desired toppings. Garnish, if desired.

8 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious! I absolutely love Greek-style food and we make a lot of turkey burgers so we'll definitely try this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been craving burgers. this is definitely on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG ~ I want one of these right now! I'm bookmarking this one for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm...I love turkey burgers. I made turkey burger gyros the other night (a favorite at our house) and they were so good! I'm going to have to try Greek burgers now. I've got extra tzatziki still in the fridge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all things Greek - this looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never tried a recipe like this - definitely bookmarking! Anything with feta just gets me.

    ReplyDelete