16 April 2010

Buffalo Turkey Burgers

Do you want to know what I am doing right now? ...Eating lunch! I literally just snapped a picture of my lunch and now I am posting the recipe while I eat. Don't you wish you could enjoy this lunch too?! Ahhh the benefits of being able to work from home! Verdict on this recipe: I will definitely be making this again. I think it would be a nice change to our normal summertime barbecues at the lake! Have a fabulous weekend!!


Buffalo Turkey Burgers
Yield: 6 servings

1.2 lbs. Lean Ground Turkey
1/2 White Onion, finely chopped
1/3 C. Bread Crumbs
Salt and Pepper (to your liking)
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1/3 C. Buffalo Sauce or Hot Sauce
6 Slices of Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
6 Hamburger Buns (go to your favorite bakery!)
Lettuce (for serving)
Celery Sticks (for serving)

In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey, chopped onion, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Once it has been incorporated, form it into 6 equally-sized patties. In a large skillet (or two), heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the turkey burger patties to the skillet. Cook on each side for at least 7 minutes (depending on the thickness of your burger). Once the burgers are done, toss them in a bowl of buffalo sauce. Set the burgers on a baking sheet lined with foil, place a piece of mozzarella cheese on top and put them in the oven to broil for 2 mintues. At this time, you may wish to toast the hamburger buns in the oven. I find that some people do NOT like their buns toasted! :) When you are ready to serve, place a small piece of lettuce on each bun, top it off with the burger and voila! Serve with celery sticks, blue cheese dressing, and baked sweet potato fries.

7 comments:

  1. can I have your job please???
    I want to work from home too.
    So that I can make this exact lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so great! I'm gonna make these this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so good!! I love buffalo sauce...I'll definitely be making these burgers soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks positively delish, as always! Have you ever had the buffalo turkey sandwich at Worker's Takeout? It's next to O'Leaver's Pub off Saddle Creek. It's SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! Perfect for the lake! I just bought fresh turkey burger today at Byerly's. Okay, so Miss Chef, I am watching Brothers and Sisters, and they are making squab for dinner. A pigeon version of veal according to the internet. (They haven't flown yet...but are adult size.) Have you heard of it? Where do you buy stuff like this? Some of the recipes look awesome! Or is this something we shouldn't be doing? Maybe that's why I haven't seen it anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, this looks good. I'm adding it to my list right NOW. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just devoured these for a Memorial Day feast and wow, were they great! Fantastic and delicious idea. There are suddenly a lot more turkey burgers in my future.

    ReplyDelete