15 February 2010

Romantic Dinner for Two

Happy (belated) Valentine's Day, Thyme for Wine readers. Let me start off by introducing myself. I'm Doug. By now, you all know what I eat on a daily basis. I wanted to do something fun for the love of my life on Valentine's Day. Becky, in my opinion, is a professional chef. I don't know what I was thinking, but I decided to plan an entire meal and cook her dinner despite my lack of talent in the kitchen. This is my first blog post (and probably my last) but I wanted to share it with you. I did a little investigating in her cookbook, Always Superb - Recipes for Every Occasion, and found a nice combination for a romantic Valentine's Day dinner. Becky and I enjoy cooking meals together in the kitchen. I'm pretty much there for moral support, but on Valentine's Day, the roles were reversed!


Look for these recipes in the next few days...

Romantic Dinner for Two

Mixed baby greens sprinkled with dried cranberries, toasted pine nuts, freshly grated Parmesan cheese, and drizzled with a balsamic-dijon vinaigrette

Soy and ginger-marinated fresh sea bass broiled to perfection and served over steamed jasmine rice

Farm-fresh asparagus drizzled with olive oil, salt, pepper, and a hint of lemon, roasted until al dente, sprinkled with Parmesan cheese

Homemade lemon sorbet garnished with fresh blackberries and drizzled with a blood-red, sweet, blackcurrant flavored liqueur

7 comments:

  1. My goodness, what a gorgeous feast you planned out! I cannot wait to see everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Doug! Nice to meet you! We've heard so much about you. I must say, you are one lucky man to taste all of Becky's food.

    Looks like you planned quite the ambitious feast. Can't wait to see how it all turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a wonderful dinner! Thank you so much, Doug! What a perfect Valentine's gift :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is your BROTHER!! Hope Mexico was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Doug for being a total romantic! BRAV-O Douglas! BRAVO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that doug choose to make "GINGERed sea bass!!!!

    ReplyDelete