31 January 2010

Perfect Pina Coladas

My mom and I took a long walk on the beach this morning. It was fabulous! Even though it is kind of rainy here in Florida, we are still having fun! I blended up some pina coladas despite the drizzly weather. And guess what...? They were the perfect thing to brighten up a dreary day!


My grandpa graciously hand-squeezed some key limes to make key lime pie! Here is my evidence:


Perfect Pina Coladas
(Adapted from Food Network)
Yield: 2 Servings

1 1/2 C. Ice
1/2 C. Diced Pineapple, frozen
2 oz. Pineapple Juice
2 oz. Coco Lopez Coconut Cream
2 oz. White Rum
Pineapple Slices (for garnish)

Put the ice, frozen pineapple, juice, coconut cream, and the white rum into a blender. Blend until smooth and frosty. Pout the drink into 2 glasses and garnish the rim with pineapple slices.

12 comments:

  1. Love the photo of my dad with the key limes! And the pina colada's were fantastic Bax! Fun way to spend a gray day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was an icky weekend wasn't it? And yum! Those look sooooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummmm! pina coladas... now you've got me craving SUMMER!
    -Mini

    ReplyDelete
  4. too many things to be jealous about - florida, pina coladas and key lime? how can I be a part of that goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was great to see, your Mom and your Grandpa today, glad you could make it for a visit while in 'not so sunny' Florida. The Pina Coladas do look like a good day brightener....kind of like your visit was for us today! Enjoy the rest of your time in, hopefully soon, sunny Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's freezing in Boston, but this drink still looks delicious! I wish I had one right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have one ready for me. I'll be there in 48 hours. XO!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. I can't believe it's 8:30 am on a Tuesday morning in frosty Toronto and somehow I'm now craving a pina colada....

    Delightful! This might just be the perfect pre-dinner drink to warm us up for Valentine's Day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think it can get any better than taking a walk with your mom and then enjoying some fresh pina coladas...Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete