19 January 2010

Mint Chip Cookies

I have a feeling that my classmates in my night class are going to LOVE me! I made this batch of Andes mint chip cookies... and I'm pretty much in heaven. I know a few of us have been on chocolate-overload from the holidays, but how can you pass up this recipe?! I saw it on Natalie's blog and knew I had to give it a try. I couldn't (for the life of me) find the Andes mint baking chips that she mentioned, so I just chopped up a bag of Andes mints and it worked out just fine. I wrapped up some of the cookies in cello bags for my finance friends and tied them up with mint green and chocolate brown ribbon. Scrumptious!


Mint Chip Cookies
Yield: 40 cookies

1/2 C. (1 stick) Unsalted Butter, room temperature
3/4 C. Brown Sugar
1/2 C. Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
2 Eggs
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Cocoa Powder
1 tsp. Salt
2 1/2 C. All Purpose Flour
1 (10 oz) Bag Andes Mint Baking Chips (I used an 8.5 oz. bag of Andes mints & chopped them up)

Cream butter in a bowl of fitted with an electric mixer. Add both sugars and beat until light and airy. Add the vanilla, then add the eggs one at a time. In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (excluding the mint chips) and add to the butter mixture until fully combined. Mix in the Andes chips last. Chill the dough for at least one hour before baking. Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and grease lightly with non-stick spray. This dough makes 40 small cookies. Roll the dough into small balls, set on baking sheet, and slightly press with the bottom of a glass (to flatten slightly). Bake the cookies for 8 minutes (they will be pale in color). Cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to the counter or baking rack to cool completely.

15 comments:

  1. I wish I was one of your finance friends! :) Lucky ducks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. are they soft or crunchy cookies?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine were soft because I like to pull the cookies out before they turn golden and crunchy! If you like a crunchier cookie, I'm sure you could just leave them in the oven for a bit longer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound delicious! I will have to give them a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I was in your night class as well! So far all I've gotten this semester treat-wise has been a tootsie-pop, haha! These look quite delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. where do I sign up for finance class?

    ReplyDelete
  7. also, where do you get the cello bags? Michael's?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you again for the cookies, they were delicious! Especially once I got home and heated one up and dipped it in milk. I'll be sure to make these for my wife some time and eat a whole ton after they come out of the oven.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Matthew! Glad you enjoyed the cookies in class & at home!

    Emily - I got the cello bags at Hobby Lobby. I'm sure you can find something similar at Michael's though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As a "classmate in your night class," I DO LOVE you! And so does my husband - cuz I was the nice enough to share! SOO delicious! THANKS AGAIN!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These sound delicious! I love wrapping treats up all pretty and giving them away. I would have loved a bag of these given to me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would definitely be your best friend if I was in your class! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahhh! Just last night I was craving cookies like you wouldn't believe! You should move to Toronto so you can distribute them 'round here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. yum yum! i'm always looking for new recipes to try ....desserts and meal! glad i stumbled upon ya! you've got a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yeah! I am so glad you liked them. The Andes bits are always at my Walmart, but I'm glad you chopped them up and found a solution. And you have some lucky classmates!

    ReplyDelete