15 December 2009

Turkey Chili

With the cold weather that is sweeping across the country, I figured that a soup recipe would be fitting. Since I don't eat beef, I was searching around for a good turkey chili recipe. I found this one tucked away in my mom's pile of recipes torn out of magazines and newspapers. Will I ever have a stack of recipes like that or does this blog keep me more organized than I originally thought?!


Turkey Chili
(From LPGA Player: Nancy Lopez)
Yield: 5 Servings

1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 C. Sweet Onions, chopped
1 Tbsp. Garlic, minced
1/4 C. Yellow Bell Peppers, chopped
1 lb. Ground Turkey
1 (28 oz) Can Crushed Tomatoes, undrained
1 (16 oz) Can Red Kidney Beans, drained & rinsed
1 Tbsp. Chili Powder
1 Tbsp. Sugar
2 C. Low-Sodium Chicken Stock
1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
1 tsp. Hot Sauce
1 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
1 tsp. Dried Basil
1/2 tsp. Dried Oregano

In a large skillet, saute onions, garlic, and bell peppers in olive oil over medium heat until onions are translucent. Add ground turkey and cook until browned. Add remaining ingredients and stir well to combine. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. I garnished mine with some shredded cheese.

1 comment:

  1. I should have used your recipe...I just threw together some ingredients, very boring ones, and my chili was blah tonight. Oh well, next time! Maybe we can spice up the leftovers?

    ReplyDelete