04 December 2009

Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies

I don't know why I didn't call these "Out of This World Cranberry Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies"... Oh yes, not to mention... they are very festive for the holiday season!  I made 3 batches of these cookies today - that translates to 12 DOZEN!  Baking 144 cookies is nothing.  Just another day in the life of Becky Crocker.  I don't plan on eating all of these though - Don't worry!  They are for my godfather's 50th birthday party tomorrow (more recipes to come from that party... like birthday cake, mini cherry cheesecakes, and other fun appetizer ideas).  

P.S. Don't I have the coolest xmas stocking?!  My mom made it for me when I was younger :)


Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies
(Recipe adapted from Carol R.)
Yield: 4 Dozen 

1 1/2 C. Flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 1/2 C. Margarine, room temperature
2/3 C. Light Brown Sugar, firmly packed
2/3 C. Sugar
1 Egg
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 3/4 C. Post Grape-Nuts Cereal
1 3/4 C. Old Fashioned Oats
1 C. Dried Cranberries
1 C. Chocolate Chips

Preheat oven to 375F degrees.  Mix flour and baking soda in a small bowl; set aside.  Beat margarine in a large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until softened.  Gradually add brown sugar, white sugar, egg, and vanilla; mix until light and fluffy.  Gradually add flour mixture.  With a large spoon, stir in cereal, oats, cranberries, and chocolate chips.  Using a tablespoon, drop dough onto ungreased cookie sheets (I always line mine with parchment paper).  Bake for 9 minutes or until lightly browned.  Cool one minute before removing from cookie sheets.  

7 comments:

  1. YUMMY! My favorite kind of cookie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmmm. Love oatmeal and paired with cranberries it's even better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im adding these to my baking list today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are one of my favorite kinds of cookies! But how can you go wrong with cranberries and cookies?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cookies sound delicious! thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. arghh, I made TWO batches of these last night, and I dont know what is wrong with me, but neither of them came out right.
    The first batch, was kinda soft for cookie dough, and after they were baked, they fell completely apart. couldnt hold a shape.
    The second batch came out a LIL better.. but still real fragile.
    And they look NOTHING like your picture. For some reason, the cranberries get hidden by the chips.
    What the hay am I doing so wrong??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really? That is so crazy b/c these turned out SO GOOD when I tried them! Let's see.... if too soft, then add maybe 1/4 C. more oats. Before you put them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet, use a tablespoon and sort of pack the cookie dough into the spoon (make sure that the dough is packed tightly and uniformly shaped before putting them on the baking sheet).

    ReplyDelete