10 December 2009

Mini Cherry Cheesecakes

My mom is known for these cheesecakes.  Whenever family or friends have birthdays coming up, they always request that my mom makes these for their special day.  Perhaps it is the simplicity of the ingredients or the fact that you get your own little cheesecake... whatever it is, people love these.  So if you are young, old, or fall somewhere in between, I'm pretty sure that you should give these a try.  Maybe this recipe will become a part of your family tradition as well?!  Enjoy!


Mini Cherry Cheesecakes
(Mom's recipe)
Yield: 24 mini tarts

2 (8 oz) Cream Cheese (at room temperature)
3/4 C. Granulated Sugar
2 Eggs (at room temperature)
1 tsp. Vanilla
24 Vanilla Wafers
1 Can Prepared Cherry Pie Filling

Preheat oven to 350F degrees.  Beat softened cheese and sugar until creamy; add eggs and vanilla, beating until smooth.  Line muffin tins with paper baking cups.  Place a vanilla wafer in each cup, spoon cheese mixture into cups (about 1/2 way to the top).  Bake for about 20 minutes.  Remove from tins and let cool.  Top with cherry pie filling.  Chill several hours or overnight.  


Here is his the birthday cake Wuollet's made for my uncle based off of a real picture!  He is, of course, the one dressed up as Santa! (P.S. "Loads" is not his name.  It is his nickname... because he is loads of fun)!

10 comments:

  1. hahahaha, Wuollets makes the BEST cakes! Thats where we go too.

    Loads looks like he's having fun. I guess he's having his cake and eating it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily - Your family gave us the idea! This cake was seriously the hit of the party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those mini cheesecakes bits look absolutely delicious, I love anything mini-i bake mini cupcakes most of the time (even though it takes twice as long!). Your uncle looks like such a character:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I need to try those mini cheesecakes! They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your mini cheesecakes! They are so cute! But then again, isn't everything cuter when it is mini?

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg, these cheesecakes are a Christmas tradition at my house! they are sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg that cake looks so awesome!! ...and those little cheesecakes look like a must try!! ;) hope you are having a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We always have cherry cheesecake at our Christmas dinner... it's so festive because of the beautiful red topping (I'm partial to blueberry myself). I've never done mini cheesecakes before. We may be starting a new tradition this year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these little mini cheesecakes; have made them for years. They are delicious and have a lot of eye appeal. Always well received!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Girl, I made these this weekend and they tasted great but my paper cupcake liners kind of squished in-haha! I am going to make them again and use foil liners next time!

    I left you a little something over at my place!

    ReplyDelete