22 December 2009

Merry Martini

My boyfriend, Doug, is quite the mixologist!  Who knew?!  Last night he shook up some seasonal spirits and created a F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S holiday drink!  I printed out a recipe of one of Oprah's favorite holiday martinis and he put his own spin on it.  I loved it!  Oprah's recipe calls for cherry limeade, but we couldn't find any at the store, so we created a pomegranate-limeade combo (ohhh so divine)!  The diet ginger ale gives it splash of something bubbly that makes this drink very refreshing and festive.  Cheers!


Merry Martini
(Adapted from Oprah.com)
Yield: 1 Extra Fabulous Drink

1 Shot Vodka
1/3 C. Prepared Cherry Limeade (or Pomegranate + Limeade)
1/3 C. Diet Ginger Ale
1/2 Key Lime, freshly juiced
Fresh Cranberries (for garnish)

In a martini shaker half-filled with ice, combine the vodka, cherry limeade, and ginger ale.  Shake mixture in shaker, then pour into a martini glass.  Add the juice of 1/2 key lime.  For garnish, thread fresh cranberries onto a short wooden skewer.  Garnish with cranberry skewers in the glass (perfect for swirling around all the goodness before you take a nice sip)!

5 comments:

  1. Okay.... now we are talking about a very Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, Yum, Yum!!!

    Dont hate me, I tagged you for another award-no pressure! I know its Christmas, and I hope you have an absolutley wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks DELISH! Wish I had one in hand right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUMMM!!! That sounds so so so good!!! I am writing that down right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmmmmm. That sounds perfectly delightful!

    ReplyDelete