08 December 2009

Holiday Cheese Ball

My girlfriends and I always have an ornament exchange party with our moms around the holidays.  It is so much fun!  We always have a fabulous time at M's house... maybe too much fun!  Anyway, last year Katy made this cheese ball (times two)!  Giant cheese ball.  Lots of ladies.  Champagne.  Laughter.  Yea, CHEERS to good times!  Thanks for passing along the recipe, Katy!


Holiday Cheese Ball
(Adapted from my friend, Katy)

1 (16 oz) Cream Cheese (room temperature)
1 Small White Onion, finely chopped
3 Green Onions, finely chopped
1 Stalk Celery, finely chopped
1/2 C. Blue Cheese Crumbles
3 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
1 Small Bag Pre-Chopped Pecans

Mix all ingredients together (except pecans).  This can be kind of messy, but use your hands.  Roll into a ball and then roll it in chopped pecans.  Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. 

8 comments:

  1. I am going to bring this to my in-laws on Christmas Eve! Once again thank you for the best blog ever:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog! That recipe sounds yummy! I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my dream would be to sleep with that thing under my head.

    by the way, i have the SAME snowman spreaders!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks really yummy and so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have always wanted to make one of these! looks delish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great! I LOVE Cheeseballs! Seriously, I have a slight obsession with cheese! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks so good! I love cheeseballs! I think I am going to try and make this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found your blog, love the title! My mom always has one of these out on Holidays. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete