16 November 2009

Pears + Prosecco

Baked pears and prosecco is a very simple dessert to make. It looks quite elegant, but doesn't require too much effort, so that means I get to spend more time with my guests! I like serving this dessert with prosecco for something bubbly and refreshing. I'm thinking that this might become my new favorite dessert for the holiday season! As Julia Child would say... "Bon Appetit!"





Baked Pears
(Adapted from Honey & Jam)
Yield: 4 Servings

2 Bartlett or Bosc Pears (cut lengthwise and core removed)
1/4 C. Flour
1/8 C. Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter, cubed
1/4 C. Rolled Oats (not quick oats)
1/4 C. Slivered Almonds (optional)
1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
Honey (for garnish)

Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Mix the flour and brown sugar in a medium bowl. Add the cubes of butter and rub it into the mixture until it makes small crumbles. Stir in the oats, almonds, and cinnamon. Cut pears in half, lengthwise; remove core with a spoon (this creates a little well for your crumble mixture). Evenly distribute the mixture into the well of each pear. Bake for 30 minutes, just until the crumble starts to get golden brown. Serve warm and drizzle a little honey on top for a sweet finish.


I served this with fat-free vanilla frozen yogurt.

3 comments:

  1. I think I need to read more carefully...I kept scanning the ingredients list wondering where the prosecco was. :) I'm on board now. Sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah!! It is delish... and so easy! The baked pears are so warm and the cinnamon will fill your house with the best autumn aroma! Let me know if you make this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me at Prosecco. This sounds heavenly!

    ReplyDelete