17 September 2009

Oranges + Coconut

Growing up, my mom made this as a an after-school snack for her two little girls. And do you want to know something else? I believe my grandma made this as an after-school snack for my mom! So this isn't anything ground-breaking here... it's simple and sweet. I love oranges and I love coconut. I'd suggest that you give this a try with your kiddos; it's really a fun change of pace from the everyday snacks these days. And to my readers who aren't mothers... well, you'll like this treat too!



Oranges & Coconut
(Recipe from Mom & Grandma A.)
Yield: 2 Servings

1 Orange
1/2 Tbsp. Coconut flakes

Thinly slice the orange (as seen in the picture). Place slices on a plate and lightly sprinkle the orange slices with coconut flakes. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I remember my mom making this for us as kids...thanks for the memories, Becky! Yum!

    ReplyDelete