16 July 2009

American Girl Salad Dressing

Yes, believe it or not... I had an American Girl doll when I was younger.  My sister had the doll, Kirsten, and I had Samantha.  Hahah, this is bringing back memories!  They don't even make Samantha dolls anymore - she's retired (just like me)!  Anyway, we had this cookbook that included recipes from Kirsten and Samantha's kitchens.  I became obsessed with making Samantha's salad dressing; it is a mustard-based italian dressing.  I've been making it for so long, I haven't had to pull out the cookbook in a long time...  Now that I'm looking at it as an adult, I find myself cracking up!  The cookbook's first TIP for cooking is "1. Choose a time that suits your mother, so that you will both enjoy working together in the kitchen."  Hilarious!!  Nevertheless, I would definitely classify this recipe as an "oldie but goodie!"  ENJOY!


Salad Dressing

3 Tbsp. Tarragon Vinegar
1 Tbsp. Water
1 tsp. Dijon-style Mustard
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Sugar
1/4 tsp. Pepper
1/2 C. Olive Oil

Put the vinegar, water, mustard, salt, sugar, and pepper into a pint jar.  Cover the jar and shake it to blend the ingredients.  Slowly add the oil, put the lid back on the jar, and shake it again until the oil is mixed well with all the other ingredients (sometimes I put all ingredients in a measuring cup and mix with a fork or small whisk).  Make the dressing early in the day and keep it in the refrigerator; shake it once more before tossing with the salad.  If the dressing is simply going to be served on the side, pour it in a fancy little pitcher or cruet

No comments:

Post a Comment